2 workers seriously injured in electrical shock accident in Cherokee County

Jun 15, 2021 | News

CHEROKEE COUNTY, Ga. — Two workers were rushed to the hospital after they suffered serious burns in an electrical shock accident at a construction site in Cherokee County.

Emergency crews were called to the construction site of the new Holiday Inn on College Parkway in Canton around 8 a.m.

“We pulled up to find a gentleman inside the electrical panel and couldn’t get him out due to active power,” said Lt. Nathan Croft.

Firefighters were eventually able to remove the victim who had burns over 100% of his body. He was taken to the Grady Burn Center in Atlanta in critical condition.

Another worker suffered second degree burns to his forearms, neck and the side of his face. He was also taken to Grady Burn Center.

Authorities are working to figure out what went wrong.

CALL US AT 404-373-1800!

The Orlando Firm.