Ligament Tear and Knee Injury Compensation
Ligament tear and knee injury compensation are necessary when this painful injury has sidelined you temporarily or permanently. Learn how our attorneys can help.
Expert Attorneys Explain: Disability for Knee Injury
Accidents and ligament tears can result in permanent disability for knee injury. The knee is extremely intricate, and comprised of bones, cartilage, ligaments, muscles, and tendons. An injury to any of these parts is extremely painful and can limit your abilities for life. If the actions or negligence of another injured your knee, you might be entitled to a ligament tear and knee injury compensation.
Some of the most common injuries occur to the following:
- A posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) connects the thigh bone to the shin bone. It is rarely injured besides in vehicular accidents.
- Lateral collateral ligament (LCL) that links the thigh bone to the smaller lower leg bone outside of the knee known as the fibula.
- The medial collateral ligament (MCL) connects the shin bone to the thigh bone inside the knee.
- The anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) diagonally runs in the middle of the knee to provide rotational stability.
Expert advice for the Orlando Firm will assist you in determining what sort of ligament tear and knee injury compensation you should seek and if you can pursue disability pay from your employer or insurance company.
How Much Compensation for a Torn ACL?
An Atlanta auto accident lawyer can help you determine how much compensation for a torn ACL if you’ve been injured in an accident. While many ligament tears do not require surgical treatment, when an ACL or PCL is torn, the only solution is reconstructive knee surgery. The most common symptoms of a knee injury include any combination of the following:
- An audible snap
- A loose feeling in the joint
- Difficulty putting weight on the joint
- Sudden, severe pain
Although all knee injuries require medical attention, surgery is not the best option for everybody. Atlanta catastrophic injury attorneys will help you decide on the size of a ligament tear and knee injury compensation you deserve.
What Is the Average Settlement for Torn ACL?
With so many factors involved, assessing an average settlement for torn ACL is a complex issue that requires the legal expertise of an Atlanta attorney. Knee injuries can range from a fractured knee cap to torn cartilage and cruciate ligament injuries.
- Pain and suffering dependant upon the severity of the injury and the length of time you were incapacitated
- Financial loss from inability to work
- Medical costs including X-Rays, dressings, medication, and possible surgical treatment
Since the ligament tear and knee injury compensation varies based on several factors, you should contact a qualified attorney to learn your options.
The Orlando Firm are your personal injury attorneys with the experience to win.